Children In Care views are heard, respected and influence the development of the local Care System whilst maintaining their independence and ability to challenge.
Develop a forum where looked after children and young people can meet to discuss issues concerning them and provide opportunities for decision makers to engage their views.
To encourage the involvement of all Thurrock Looked after children in consultations and decision making.
- To support the development of a Children In Care Council with elected positions- chair and vice chair.
- To facilitate regular CICC meetings.
- To support the growth and development of individuals members.
- Disseminate information to wider Thurrock Looked after population and involve them in opportunities for consultation.
- To develop Thurrocks Pledge to Looked After Children
- To encourage wider participation and recruit new members.
- To organise consultations and dialogue with local decision makers.
- To organise social activities to encourage wider engagement.
- Number of Members
- Number of meetings and events
- Number of consultations
- Number of mailshots
- Feel opinions are valued
- Developed new leadership skills and understanding of democratic process
- Improved confidence
- Public speaking skills
Open Door Values & Policy
Respect & Honesty
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true” description=”false”]