Mentoring for Young People in Thurrock & School Outreach
Young people will be motivated and confident with high self esteem.
Provide one to one goal focussed mentoring and coaching for young who are identified as requiring support. Young people requiring extra support referred to the project.
- Mentor young people aged 8 – 18 who are referred into the project
- Support young people to identify their personal goals and develop a realistic plan to achieve them.
- Meet weekly with young person
- Work with parents, carers and schools to support the young person’s development
- Delivery risky behaviours awareness sessions.
- Support through regular mentoring 37 young people.
- Achievement of 13 Key performance indicators set by commissioner.
- Improved self esteem and confidence
- Young person has more positive engagement with their local community
- Achievement of individual goals
- Reduced school exclusion/ improved attendance
- Better understanding of respectful relationships
- Reduced risk taking behaviours.
- Improved communication with family and friends