The current Family Innovation Fund (FIF) contracts end on 31st March 2019 and those service providers are no longer taking referrals.
Essex County Council has now recommissioned services to be delivered by The Children’s Society, Kids Inspire and Southend YMCA. This early help support will focus on outcomes that support children, young people and parents/carers to;
- have healthy inter-parental & family relationships
- be emotionally healthy, happy and resilient
- make behaviour choices that promote safety and wellbeing
- be socially connected and resourceful
The services will support children and young people aged 8-19 years and their parents, and are for those who are not already receiving or recently been supported by statutory or specialist services and meet the following criteria;
- moderate learning difficulties (without an Education and Health Care Plan)
- low level behavioural issues (without an Education and Health Care Plan)
- home educated
- part time school timetables
- risk of exclusion
- risky behaviours (of self or others) that jeopardise personal safety
- parents/carers in conflict (co-habiting/separated/stepparents)
Referrals can be made with effect from 1st April 2019 through one central access point. The updated referral forms will be circulated by the end of March and details of how to make the request for support will be detailed on that form.
If you are currently seeking support for a child or young person you can refer to the local directory of services that detail provision available in your area.